soffit and fascia installation
Do you have rotting or deteriorating wood under your eaves? Are you tired of having to paint those parts of your home? Does your attic have poor ventilation?
There are a lot of important pieces to a home, and the soffit and fascia are two of them. Though they might not be the most visible parts of your house, it’s important to make sure they’re in good condition. Here’s what you need to know about soffits and fascia, and how to take care of them.
What Are Soffit and Fascia?
The soffit and fascia are two important components of a home’s roofing system. The soffit is the horizontal board that runs along the underside of an eave. It can be flat or profiled to match other trim on the home. The fascia is the vertical board that runs along the edge of the roof. It fills the gap between the roofline and any existing siding. Both boards are traditionally made from wood, but they can also be made from vinyl or aluminum. They are available in a variety of colors and styles and can be used to complement other architectural features, such as columns or siding.
Why Soffit and Fascia boards are important?
There are several reasons why soffit and fascia are important to every homeowner, whether you are in Carpentersville, Island Lake, Lakewood, Woodstock, or really in any location within the state.
Soffit and fascia are important for many reasons. Numerous factors make soffit and fascia crucial. They protect roof edges from water damage, provide support for gutters, and give a home a polished appearance, among other things.
- Protection from water damage – The soffit and fascia of a home serve an important purpose: they help to protect the home from water damage. Together, these boards form a barrier that helps to keep out moisture and prevent mold and rot. They also help to channel rainwater away from the house and down the downspout. In regions with a lot of rainfall, this is especially important. By keeping water away from the foundation, soffit, and fascia helps to prevent problems in the long run. As a result, regular maintenance of these boards is essential for protecting any home in Carpentersville from water damage.
- Adds aesthetic appeal to your home – The paint job on your home’s exterior in Island Lake is one of the first things people notice. If it’s in good condition, it can add to the curb appeal of your property and increase its value. But if it’s chipped, flaking, or peeling, it can make your home look dated and uninviting. That’s where soffit and fascia baords come in. Not only do soffit and fascia add to the aesthetic appeal of your home through several customizable designs and color options, but they also help protect the look of your porch, awning, veranda, balcony, and other outdoor spaces from the elements. In addition, they can provide valuable ventilation for attics and other enclosed spaces. Over time, however, soffit and fascia can become damaged by moisture, rot, and pests. That’s why it’s important to inspect them regularly and repair or replace them as needed.
- Support gutters – The soffit and fascia help to support the gutter by forming a barrier against air and insects. They also help to regulate the climate inside the house by providing shade in summer and insulation in winter. In addition, the soffit and fascia help to protect the beam from rain and snow. In some cases, they may also help to support a dormer or other type of roof extension. In general, soffit and fascia play an important role in maintaining the integrity of the gutter system of your home in Lakewood.
Jackson Insulation & Exteriors Co., Inc. – Soffit and Fascia Installation
Unfortunately, many builders will build homes with vinyl or aluminum siding but will leave soffits, fascias, corners, window, and door trims, and other areas with painted wood which is constantly exposed to the elements. Over the years, this wood has weathered poorly and requires continued paint jobs, which never last.
We can solve this issue for you permanently! After all problem areas are inspected, and any deteriorated wood is replaced by us, we will expertly install aluminum products, custom cut and shaped on-site, to “wrap” these areas. And we offer over 60 colors to match your home!
As insulation experts, we also know the importance of attic ventilation. The application of aluminum soffit and fascia can accomplish this in a functional yet aesthetically pleasing manner.
At Jackson Insulation & Exteriors Co., Inc., we pride ourselves on providing the best soffit and fascia services in Carpentersville, Island Lake, Lakewood, Woodstock, and any nearby area. We have a team of highly trained and experienced professionals who are experts in shingle and bracket installation, repairs, and replacement. We also offer a free quote on your project so you can get an accurate estimate of the cost. Our company has been in business for several years and is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services possible. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to working with you on your next project!
- Fully Insured
- 5-year Warranty on all workmanship
- Wide variety of colors, textures, and styles from all Major Manufacturers
- Industry Best Warranty on materials from Major Manufacturers
- Several service areas – Carpentersville, Island Lake, Lakewood, Woodstock, etc.