Was that last rainstorm too much for your gutters? Are some of the downspouts detached? Does your home not have and desperately need gutters?
At Jackson Insulation & Exteriors, we use only the highest quality gutter supplies and products on the market and offer free estimates for all prospective clients in Crystal Lake, Holiday Hills, Spring Grove, Wonder Lake, and nearby locations. Whether your gutters need repair, removal, or a complete overhaul, we offer a service to meet your needs.
We provide expert installation of the following:
- 5″ .032-gauge Seamless Aluminum Gutter
- 6″ oversize .032-gauge Seamless Aluminum Gutter
- 2″ x 3″ Standard and 3″ x 4″ Oversize Aluminum Downspouts
All gutters are secured with the most advanced gutter hanger in the industry — Raytec “Hangfast” Hidden Fascia Hangers with a built-in 3-inch screw!
Seamless Aluminum Gutters
There are a lot of good reasons to consider seamless aluminum gutters for your home in Crystal Lake. An older system made from pot metals or plastic may have rusted or become brittle over the years. Rain is pouring down outside walls instead of downspouts as it should. Or, maybe you’re adding a system for the first time to protect your valuable investment.
All structures need to be shielded from the elements in one way or another. But, when it comes to protecting our beloved homes from decades of torrential downpours, there’s only one choice in our minds; aluminum is KING!
CALL US NOW for a FREE, NO-OBLIGATION ESTIMATE!
Here’s why Jackson Insulation and Exteriors only installs high-quality, seamless aluminum gutters and why you should too!
Does My Home Have to Have Gutters?
If you are still undecided, there are several reasons why you should seriously consider installing gutters in your home in Crystal Lake and why they should be kept in good condition. While it is true that not every house requires rain gutters, some would say you can never be too cautious when it comes to protecting a home. Obviously, if you live in the desert or other arid climates that see very little rainfall, you might be able to get away without them.
For those lucky few, water-damaged foundations aren’t really a consideration. However, rain does fall on the rest of us, and it needs to be controlled, or it can wreak havoc on a home in Holiday Hills in very little time.
Rain that is allowed to run freely from the roof down the sides of the home can create expensive and disastrous challenges for any homeowner. Gutters help to prevent water and debris from building up on your roof. Old, rusty, or full gutters can cause water to pool on your roof, which can damage shingles and lead to leaks. In addition, leaves and other debris can block gutters, causing water to back up and spill over the sides. This can lead to serious water damage on your home’s exterior and foundation. Damage caused by rainwater is often hidden inside walls and foundations and often goes undetected for years.
By the time the destruction is finally noticed, the repair costs will have become astronomical. Waterlogged siding, flooded basements, and even crumbling foundations are the result of what can happen to a home without gutters. Gutters provide essential protection for your home against weather damage and should not be overlooked.
Which Gutter Material is Best?
There are several types of gutter materials to choose from, each ranging in price, quality, and durability. To know which gutter material is the best, we’ll go over the most popular choices in Holiday Hills and explain some pros and cons. Here at Jackson Exteriors, our focus is all on the best materials and unmatched customer service.
- K-Style – These decoratively styled sections come in a variety of styles to match any home’s outer décor in Spring Grove. They are designed with flat bottoms and backs, while the façade can be manipulated to take on the appearance of crown molding, adding a touch of elegance to your home.
- Just so you know, the K-Style is able to channel almost double the capacity of any other type of gutter, but it will also set you back about double the cost per linear foot. It might be worth the added cost if you live in an area prone to high levels of rainfall.
- Half-round gutters – Half-round gutters are a type of gutter system that is commonly used in construction. They are round in shape and have a leader at the bottom that helps to collect water and prevent it from running off the edge of the roof. Half-round gutters are easy to clean and maintain, and they are often used in conjunction with gutter guards to keep leaves and other debris from clogging the system. While half-round gutters are not as common as other types of gutters, they can be an effective way to protect your home in Spring Grove from water damage.
- Seamless Aluminum Gutters – Seamless aluminum gutters are grates that are placed over a home’s gutters to help prevent leaves and other debris from clogging them. They typically have a series of small holes or slots in them that allow water to pass through while trapping leaves and other larger items.
- This low-maintenance, ultra-durable choice is currently installed in over 70% of American homes.
- That is why seamless aluminum gutters are the #1 choice for Jackson Insulation and Exteriors.
- This watertight system is designed to act as an uninterrupted conduit for rainwater to reach the ground. No joints to maintain or become weakened and no seams to create clog-causing edges.
- The seamless process requires a truck containing a spool of the material to arrive on location. The gutter is cut and fabricated to the exact length required and installed as one solid piece.
- Seams can create edges that catch debris and clog channels as they age. They are also areas that need periodic inspection and maintenance to keep them in working order.
- Cleaning seamless aluminum gutters is generally easy, as most come with removable screens or brackets that can be accessed from the ground. Prices for seamless aluminum gutters vary depending on the size and style of the gutter, but they are typically more expensive than traditional gutters.
- Aluminum – Aluminum gutters are a type of gutter that is made from aluminum and is the most popular choice for home gutter systems in Wonder Lake. The lightweight material makes it ideal for professional and DIY installers and will never rust or rot through.
- Aluminum gutters come in factory-painted colors, or can even be painted to match any exterior. If you decide to do the installation yourself, expect to pay an additional fee per linear foot.
- Aluminum gutters are a popular choice in Wonder Lake because they are durable and require little maintenance. However, they are also susceptible to corrosion and may need to be replaced more often than other types of gutters. In addition, aluminum gutters can be expensive, ranging from $5 to $10 per linear foot. For this reason, many homeowners opt for cheaper options such as PVC or plastic gutters. Nevertheless, aluminum gutters remain a popular choice for those looking for a durable and low-maintenance option.
- Steel – Steel gutters are another choice for gutter protection in Hawthorn Woods, as they are durable and effective in preventing leaves, debris, and even small animals from clogging gutters and causing roof damage. Not as popular as it once was, steel is another suitable option for gutters, but again, there are some downsides.
- Steel is very heavy, so this material is not recommended for the casual DIY’er. It requires heavier-duty tools to cut and get it into place properly. Steel gutters are typically made from interlocking sections of metal that fit together snugly. This makes them incredibly strong and able to withstand heavy snowfalls and high winds. They are often used on roofs in Hawthorn Woods in order to protect them from snow and ice.
- It comes in many colors and can be painted. However, keep in mind that even if the steel has been galvanized to protect it from the elements, it will begin to rust at around five years and will likely need to be replaced after a decade or so.
- When it comes time to clean your gutters, steel gutters can be easily rinsed with a hose or pressure washer.
- Vinyl – Vinyl gutters are a type of gutter that is traditionally made from PVC or polyvinyl chloride. Popularized as a cheap alternative to metal, vinyl is another popular and inexpensive choice and easy to install. Vinyl can be a great option for rental properties and for the budget conscious, but it does have some drawbacks that could make homeowners cautious.
- While it only costs a dollar or two per foot, making it a big cost saver, vinyl has some drawbacks that you may want to consider first before cutting corners on gutters.
- It is also a DIY’er friendly material; it is not nearly as durable as its metal-based cousins. Thin and flexible, you are advised never to try to place a ladder against vinyl. It simply cannot withstand the pressure and could buckle, crack, or even cause injury if the ladder should slip.
- Vinyl gutters can be prone to dirtying quickly, and they may require more upkeep than other types of gutters. In addition, vinyl gutters can become old and rusty over time, and they may not be as durable as other materials.
- If you have vinyl gutters, it is important to inspect them regularly to make sure that they are free of leaves and debris. If your gutters are full of debris, they can lead to water damage and even mold growth in your home.
- Severe temperatures are another factor to consider when it comes to vinyl. Too hot and they are prone to warp; too cold and they can freeze and crack.
These are only the most popular choices; other options, such as zinc, copper, and steel, are also available for special projects or restorations.
Free Gutter Installation Estimates
We understand how daunting it can be trying to find the best deals on rain gutters. That’s why we make it easier for you by providing FREE ESTIMATES for all of our future clients.
Jackson Insulation and Exteriors has been a family-run business for 35 wonderful years. We welcome you to be a part of our growing family of over 15,000 satisfied homeowners.
CALL US NOW to talk to a knowledgeable representative and schedule your free on-site consultation today!
Jackson Insulation & Exteriors Co., Inc.
- Fully Insured
- 5-year Warranty on all workmanship
- Wide variety of colors, textures, and styles from all Major Manufacturers
- Industry Best Warranty on materials from Major Manufacturers